SATs are very important tests to see how much you have developed through out primary school. They also help you to develop life skills for jobs and tricky situations. Children all over the UK take SATs in years 2 and 6( ages 6-7 and 10-11). The main tests in SATs are English, maths, grammar and reading.
SATs are controversial issue school education. The Green Party, is planning to get rid of all SATs and the Labour party, run by Jeremy Corbyn, agrees with this idea.
- What happens during the time of SATs?
- When you are taking your SATs test , have different amounts of time to complete different papers.. Reading takes 45mins and arithmetic takes 30mins.
- SATs are good as they are a chance for teachers to see how much the child has developed over the course of primary school.
- If you need a break, tell your instructor.( teacher)
- Your teacher will tell everyone to not talk during the time limit of the test paper or otherwise your teacher might think you’re cheating.
- Don’t worry, just don’t talk and really concentrate.